This is a quick and easy meal that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Use any salad that you have on hand, if you don’t have what is listed below. I created this meal when I didn’t have any time to prepare for dinner and actually thought we had no food in the fridge. I did have a zucchini, left over bits of veggies and some organic haloumi hiding at the back of the fridge though!
I have recently purchased myself a good quality spiriliser to add interest and fun with raw vegetables for the kids. The one I Purchased has three attachments and was worth the small investment. However, you can just peel your zucchini with a vegetable peeler in long strips if you don’t have one, this is what I would have normally done.
- Organic haloumi
- 1 zucchini
- red cabbage, thinly shredded
- red capsicum, sliced
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- olives (I used Olio bello, marinated organic olives which uses traditional Italian herbs and spices)
- lemon juice, half a lemon
- olive oil
- spirilize, peel or grate one large zucchini and place into a bowl
- slice haloumi and cook in a heated pan. Turn when slightly golden.
- While the haloumi is cooking, chop up the rest of the veggies and add to the zucchini.
- Add the olives, olive oil (I used the marinated olive oil from my Olio Bello jar) and lemon juice and mix through.
- Dish up the salad onto your plate and layer the haloumi, simple!