“Trust in the healing power of nature”
Naturopathic Medicine is based upon the 6 fundamental principles. The first of six states to trust in the body’s inherent or innate wisdom to heal itself. As a Naturopath, our role is to help guide you there. To read more about the Naturopathic principles I practice by, click What is a Naturopath?
At Health@Hand our goal is to help you address your main health concerns, by supporting your body to heal itself. You will be supported in a number of ways and these can include various holistic modalities, including (but not limited to) food and lifestyle modifications and recommendations, herbal and nutritional supplementation where necessary and Therapeutic Massage. In Clinic Testing will be performed during consultations at no additional cost and Pathology Testing may also be recommended.
At Health@Hand, I can help people with various conditions. The following list is what I mainly focus on:
- Womens health
- Children and adolescent health
- Immune Health
- Pregnancy and pre-conception care
- Weight Management
- Gastro Intestinal Health
- Detoxification and cleanse programs
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Pain management
- Corporate Health
- Health maintenance and healthy ageing
Prior to the initial consultation, an online questionnaire will be asked to be completed. At the initial consultation, a thorough health assessment (including dietary history) will be conducted, asking you questions about your current health status, your presenting complaints and past ailments and conditions. A number of in clinic tests will also be performed at this stage to check your current health status.
Simple recommendations may be suggested at this stage to get you on the right track, however a follow up consultation is necessary to go over your full health report. Your case history will be assessed after your initial consultation, with all the necessary information obtained and your health report will be put together.
Relevant Pathology Testing and referrals will also be suggested if necessary.
First Follow Up Consultation (1 Week later)
After analysing your case history, in clinic tests and dietary intake, a review of the findings will be presented to you and a treatment plan will be discussed. At this stage recommendations will be made and herbal and nutritional medicines are recommended to support you.
Strategic follow-up appointments will be recommended at this stage and booked when necessary to monitor your progress.
Subsequent Follow Up Consultations
Regular follow-up appointments are necessary to address outcomes and to make any necessary changes and/or perform tests. This is also the time to offer extra support, guidance and extra resources to help you through the implementation stage. Having someone to help guide you and to be accountable to will help your progress and sustain changes for the long term. The number of subsequent follow-up appointments will be different for each person and case, and may be more frequent to begin with. Subsequent follow-up appointments are also made to repeat any necessary prescribed supplements and herbs or alter prescription.
Once you have achieved your primary health goals, periodic health check-ups are a great way to keep your health in check! this can be done monthly, seasonally to combat specific health needs (e.g. immune support in winter, hay fever support in spring, detoxification or cleanse programs to aid weightloss and support digestive health etc.) or even annually for your yearly Naturopathic health check up. Depending on your current health status and requirements, an initial or extended consultation can be booked for an assessment.
IN CLINIC TESTS
Various tests and methods will be conducted as part of your initial consultation and in follow-up consultations to assess changes and modifications where necessary. This will help to gain a clear understanding of your health picture.
These may include some or all of the following, where necessary:
- Zinc Tally Test
- Urinary pH Test
- Ketostix urine analysis
- Blood Pressure
- Weight/BMI measurements
FUNCTIONAL TESTING PATHOLOGY SERVICE
Integrative Pathology Testing can be collected or ordered in clinic and sent directly to your home for your convenience. These costs are in addition to consultation fees and are payed directly to Pathology services, NutriPATH. These options will be discussed at an initial or follow-up consolation.
- Adrenal Function Tests
- Comprehensive Digestive stool analysis
- Liver Detoxification Profile
- Food & Chemical Intolerance Testing
AFTER A NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION AND TREATMENT AT HEALTH@HAND YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Receive a thorough Health assessment during the initial consultation.
- Receive all necessary in-clinic tests at no additional cost.
- Feel empowered & gain knowledge- you will have a greater understanding about your health status and condition and learn how you can move towards wellness using a holistic approach.
- Have a written holistic treatment plan presented to you, including dietary and lifestyle guidelines and changes which can be implemented in a time frame suitable to your health needs and lifestyle.
- Be prescribed ( when necessary ) practitioner only herbal and nutritional supplements, ensuring the highest quality and therapeutic dosages, which provide optimal results.
- Have your progress and outcomes monitored, re-tested as necessary and your treatment plan adjusted accordingly.
- Receive repeat prescribed supplements and have them available to you by delivery.
- Receive printed resources and continual support during your health journey.
- Receive referrals and pathology testing when necessary.
INITIAL & FOLLOW UP NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION PACKAGE
- This package includes all that you need to get motivated and start your journey towards health and wellness.
- Inclues pre-evaluation online questionnaire
- 1 x Initial consultation (allow 90 minutes )
- 1 x First Follow up consultation (30-45 min)
- Includes all necessary in-clinic tests.
- Case history and dietary review.
- Customised treatment plan to be presented at first follow up consultation.
- Individualised herbal and nutritional prescription, when indicated (practitioner only range) to be sent directly to your home and repeated where necessary. (additional cost)
- Printed resources.
- Email support between consultations.
*Health fund rebates apply, please check with your insurance company if you are covered for Naturopathy.
To Book Your Initial & Follow Up Naturopathic Consultation Package, go to Contact Page to make an appointment or purchase at the Shop today.
FOLLOW UP CONSULTATIONS
Skype consultations are offered for follow-up consultations.
Subsequent Follow up Consultations
extended consultations (Allow 45 min+)
ACUTE CONDITION CONSULTATION
Skype consultations are offered for acute conditions.
Suitable for when you feel like you are getting sick or are already suffering from the signs and symptoms of the common cold:
- Swollen glands
- runny nose
- feeling run down and lethargic
- muscle aches and pains
This Naturopathic consultation is designed to get you feeling better as soon as possible, with a prescription to Practitioner Only Supplements and a treatment protocol, including resources for your acute condition to follow. Repeat Prescriptions will be made available to you by delivery for your convenience and allows you to have access to practitioner only supplements when you need it the most in the future.
For those that are too sick to attend a consultation or is restricted by transport or distance etc, I am available for Skype consultations for those living in Australia.
Adults & Children Consultation (30-45 minutes)- $60
- pre consultation online questionnaire
- Includes zinc test
- Individualised treatment protocol
- Prescription to herbal/nutritional supplements (practitioner only quality)- available from clinic or delivered to your home.
*Health rebates available. Please check with your private health insurance policy.
To book an acute condition consultation, go here Acute Condition Consultation or to Contact Page for further information
If you are already pregnant and are wanting some Naturopathic advise and quality practitioner only pregnancy supplementation to support you for the duration of your pregnancy and after care (lacatation suport).
- Pre-consult online questionnaire
- Initial pregnancy consultation
- Zinc level test
- Pregnancy protocol- recommendations and advice
- Resources, handouts and Pregnancy booklet
- Prescription to practitioner only supplementation (Metagenics) and repeat prescriptions as necessary (delivered to your home when needed so you don’t run out!)
Pregnancy consultation- $100 (allow up to 90 minutes)
*Health rebates available. Please check with your private health insurance policy.
To book go to Pregnancy Consultation or Contact Page for further information.
For information on Health@Hands wellness packages, go to Wellness Packages.